The physical therapy services that I provide may not be what you would expect from a past physical therapy experience. The following is how my treatment is different than your typical outpatient clinic:
- Firstly, I come to your home. I provide the treatment table and tools necessarily to get you out of pain as quickly as possible. I just expect you to be there too!
- You will not be treated by ancillary personnel (such as technicians) but from the same physical therapist each visit.
- Each treatment session is one on one for an hour.
- An individualized, personal treatment from a clinician who simply wants to get you better so you can live a more healthy life. I look for the root of the problem from a mechanical perspective and utilize manual therapy, movement strategies and therapeutic exercises to address limitations and get you back on your feet.
- Most physical therapy treatments put you on machines and get you to do exercises while in the clinic. I do not believe machines get people better and do not want you to just do your exercises that you have at home in front of me. Yet, the treatments do consistent of manual therapy, education and and I utilize our time together to progress exercises that meet your needs.
- This is a very unique service and one not offered anywhere in the surrounding region.
I am a doctoral-level trained physical therapist who specializes in treating musculoskeletal injuries, movement disorders and spinal pain, both acute and chronic. My goal is to assist you in avoiding invasive surgeries, expensive injections and medications by treating you in a natural way to improve pain and movement. My clinical interests are concentrated in manual therapy and specific therapeutic exercise of spinal disorders.
I have extensive post-graduate training in manipulation of the spine and extremities, instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization and dry needling. Specifically, I have advanced training in osteopractic physical therapy. The knowledge and expertise I bring to your treatment is intended to help you navigate the unpredictable, rocky, and sometimes disabling pain waters.
My goal is to tackle the complex issues of pain, acute and chronic, with a combination of education, therapeutic exercise and specific manual therapy. My focus on patient care includes giving you rapid relief through multiple methods of treatment, but just as important, furnishing you with the tools to consistently give yourself relief and self-management in meeting your goals.
Whether your need is Pain Relief or Improving Function, I am ready to assist you in achieving your goals.
Fellow (FAAOMPT), American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists, American Academy of Manipulative Therapy (2015)
Osteopractor, Diploma in Osteopractic, American Academy of Manipulative Therapy (2014)
Orthopaedic Certified Specialist (OCS), American Board of Physical Therapy Specialities, Orthopaedics (2009)
Doctor of Physical Therapy, Old Dominion University (2008)
Bachelor of Science, Education with emphasis of Exercise Science, Old Dominion University (2005)
Professional Organizations, Certifications
Diploma in Osteopractic, American Academy of Manipulative Therapy (2014)
Certification in Dry Needling (Cert. DN), Dry Needling Institute (2012)
Certification in Spinal Manipulation (Cert. SMT), Spinal Manipulation Institute (2009)
Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (2009-present)
Member, American Physical Therapy Association, Orthopaedic and Sports Subsection (2008-present)